We are pleased to announce that Rhydd Barn has again been awarded a Four-Star Gold Award by VisitEngland in an assessment carried out on Friday 19 March 2021.
Rosemary Boaz, owner of Rhydd Barn, wishes to express her heartfelt thanks to her wonderful staff: cleaner Sharon and maintenance person/gardener Max. Without their valuable work this award would not have been possible.
It is especially noteworthy that, within the total score awards, the cleanliness of Rhydd Barn scored 100% in all areas—an important factor in this time of Covid. Again, thank you to Sharon for all her hard work.
This is the web address of our listing on the VisitEngland Assessment website: https://www.visitenglandassessmentservices.com/establishments/rhydd-barn/
Here are the highlights from the VisitEngland report:
- A great location for exploring the Malvern Hills and surrounding area.
- The Proprietor is to be congratulated on the continued investment and of standards. This past year as well as ongoing redecoration, investment has included: The provision of various additional furnishings and cleaning materials to help meet with Covid recommendations and helping to ensure guest safety and well-being.
- Excellent to see the general repainting of exterior stonework and paintwork helping to lift overall initial impressions. The rear of the barn to be completed shortly.
- New concrete fencing spurs and lead post toppers adding to the support and longevity of the wood.
- The sewage tank also having been serviced.
- New Director chairs a great added benefit for guests to enjoy this year.
- Again, the re planting of planters and re planting/landscaping of the main drive entrance adding to the first impression and feel of the barn.
- Again, the ongoing replacing and upgrading of kitchen utensils helps to further meet with market expectations.
- Great to see that the web site is being updated on an ongoing basis with new pictures added as and when along with “news”.
- Special mention should also once again be given for the very high standards of cleanliness noted on this visit, and for which Ms Boaz and the team are to be congratulated.
We are very pleased to announce that Rhydd Barn has, again, been awarded a rating of Four Stars with a Gold Award in recognition of exceptional quality within its star rating. Quality in Tourism, the assessment service for VisitEngland (previously the English Tourist Board), inspect star rated properties every year to ensure that standards meet their strict criteria. Here is are the highlights of their report:
- The new gate provides easier access to the site and a new sign has been fitted. Fencing has been strengthened.
- Investment has included the replacement of the arch window on the ground floor and blown glass has been removed. Wi-fi is a new addition for the property and will be appreciated by guests.
- The public area space provided is very flexible and is offered across three floors.
- In the public areas the wooden flooring to the first floor has been improved and the new rug presents well. The new standard lamp is a useful addition.
- An excellent ratio of bathroom facilities is provided.
- The kitchen has excellent flooring and lighting is also well positioned within this area.
- The content of the guest information continues to be exceptional.
- Great cleanliness standards were noted throughout the accommodation.
This has only been possible with the help of our cleaner, our gardener and Rosemary’s sister Andrea. Many thanks to them for making sure that Rhydd Barn is a clean and attractive place to stay.
Rhydd Barn had its annual assessment by Quality In Tourism on 11 April 2014. We are very pleased to announce that we have maintained our Four Star rating and our Gold Award (given in recognition of exceptional quality within a property’s star rating). We have also maintained our Walkers Welcome accreditation (please refer to the Walkers Welcome leaflet for more information about this).
Some highlights of our assessment include:
“The property enjoys some excellent views even from the ground floor windows”
“Guests appreciate the flexibility of layout of the living areas in particular”
“The barn is specious for the numbers accommodated”
“Excellent standards [of cleanliness] observed—high and low surfaces are pristine and kitchen equipment and kitchenware is immaculate”
“The guests continue to benefit from a shower room to the ground floor as well as an en suite facility on the first floor”
“Guest information continues to be comprehensive and is up to date”
One point that we have already improved on since the assessment is to make sure that the emergency information is more clearly displayed.