Welcome to Rhydd Barn
- Four-star Gold Award standard of accommodation (awarded 19 March 2021)
- Well equipped self-catering one bedroom accommodation in open countryside near Malvern
- Outstanding views of the Malvern Hills from both inside and out
- Ten minutes’ drive to Malvern and the Three Counties Showground
- Spacious accommodation—suitable for two people
- Central heating throughout
- Private parking space right next to the Barn
There are lots of photos of Rhydd Barn on our pictures page (on small screens our page menu is top left).
The exact location of Rhydd Barn is shown in a map on the location page.
Rhydd Barn is a self-catering holiday cottage converted from a stone barn three miles east of Malvern with wonderful views to the Malvern Hills. The barn was built in the 1850s out of Malvern granite and in 2005 it was sympathetically restored and converted into light, open and airy accommodation across three levels. The decor is based around simple clean lines with tiled and wood floors, white walls with pine beams and black iron work. The barn benefits from gas central heating and wifi. Please click on the ‘Photos’ link above to see our pictures of the barn.
There are three levels: the ground floor is a large open plan sitting/kitchen/dining room. Above that, the first floor comprises another sitting room with high vaulted ceiling and views to the Malvern Hills and a double bedroom with high quality ensuite bathroom. There is also a second floor mezzanine area with a desk and sofa bed. As well as the ensuite bathroom there is a shower room with toilet on the ground floor.
Outside the barn there is a private sunny patio with views to the Malvern Hills looking across fields which belong to the barn.
Although Covid-19 (coronavirus) restrictions have now been relaxed pleased be assured that we take cleanliness very seriously and we will continue to maintain the highest standards. We have received many positive comments about the high standard of cleanliness, some of which are quoted on this website. Also see our news item, posted a couple of years ago, about our Covid-19 precautions: COVID-19 (coronavirus).
FULL REFUND IF YOUR BOOKING IS CANCELLED DUE TO A CHANGE IN THE GOVERNMENT COVID-19 GUIDELINES
See: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus for up to date UK Government guidelines and the latest situation
The accommodation was spotless, with excellent precautions against COVID. The Barn had all the necessities to make it a very comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable self catering holiday. What more could you want in life than a cup of tea, a good book and the seat on the patio, looking out across the majestic Malvern Hills! You are fully deserving of the four star gold award from Visit England this year.– Mr & Mrs Minnear (July 2021)
Summary of Rhydd Barn accommodation
See our ‘Pictures’ web page for internal and external pictures
- Light, open plan room with underfloor heating and attractive kitchen/dining area
- Fridge, gas hob, electric oven, microwave oven and dishwasher
- Access to freezer in the converted pig-sty across the patio
- Dining and sitting areas with views to the Malvern Hills
- Good sized high pressure shower cubicle and separate connected toilet with washbasin
- Utility room with washing machine and gas boiler—a convenient area for drying wet clothes
- Portable DAB (digital)/FM radio with CD player
- Open pine staircase to first floor
- Underfloor heating
- High-ceiling open area with west-facing french windows to small ‘balcony’ and outside steps
- Outstanding views of the Malvern Hills
- New smart television (with all the terrestrial ‘catch-up’ services), DVD player and an old record player/audio cassette/radio mini hifi unit
- Double bedroom with ensuite main bathroom, fitted pine wardrobe and dressing table
- Open pine ladder-style steps to galleried second floor
- Central heating
- Mezzanine (or gallery) upper area with desk and futon sofa-bed accessed by ladder-style steps
- Can be used as an extra sleeping area (for example, if separate bedrooms are required)
- Attractive view to the south
- Central heating
- Attractive private south and west facing patio with adjacent lawn area and views across fields to the Malvern Hills
- Outdoor table and chairs available—stored in converted pig-sty across the patio
- Wifi (within range)
- Off-road parking space right next to the Barn for up to two cars to the north side
- Paddock and field owned by Rhydd Barn (13+ acres in total)—access usually available
Rhydd Barn is absolutely beautiful—plus it is immaculate and very, very clean […] it is one of the best self-catering accommodation places we have ever stayed in […] On our first evening we were thrilled to see a hare back in the rear field!– M & M, Hants. (August 2020)
Rosemary Boaz, owner of Rhydd Barn, in her own words
“I finished the conversion of my father’s 1850s Malvern stone barn in 2005. It had been used for keeping hay and rearing Merino lambs. The planning permission was for tourism only and thus began my venture into the holiday let business.
“The barn has been sympathetically restored to a light, open style across three levels, open from the ground floor to the roof by the stairs to keep the atmosphere of the barn often linked to a church. Inside tiled and wooden floors and white walls are interspersed with pine beams and ironwork. My artistic aunt’s watercolour and tile paintings add to its attraction.
“Two people stay at one time with plenty of space and all modern facilities including gas central heating, a bathroom and shower room. There are lovely views from all levels of the full range of the Malvern Hills. It is West and South facing with a sheltered, paved patio.
“My sister meets the guests and provides milk, garden produce and fresh flowers. The guest information includes countryside walks and cultural visits. The barn is kept up to date for guests, last year wifi was installed, new entrance gates, standard lamp and carpets.”