We are very pleased to announce that Rhyyd Barn has, yet again, been awarded a 4-Star Gold Award rating by VisitEngland. The inspection was carried out on 6 April 2022. The Gold Award is an additional accolade for those ‘offering exceptional quality within their star rating’. We are so grateful to our maintenance team at Rhydd Barn: Sharon our cleaner, Max our gardener/’handyman’, and Tom our builder for all their hard work. Here is the summary from the official report which we received a couple of days ago:
Rhydd Barn continues to offer a high standard of comfortable well maintained accommodation for its market. Mrs Boaz, the Proprietor clearly takes great pride in the barn and is very much to be commended on the continued investment and maintaining of these high standards helping ensure that market expectations continue to be maintained. It is therefore a pleasure to once again reconfirm the Four Star Self catering rating with Gold Award for another year reflecting the care and attention afforded by the Proprietor, and fully deserving. Congratulations to you all!! It is also understood that the Proprietors feel the current rating meets well with the market expectations and business levels catered for and we wish them all the very best for a successful coming season, despite the strange and unknown circumstances we all find ourselves in. Wishing all, all the very best for the future and stay safe and well. Walkers Accreditation also confirmed for another year.—VisitEngland Assessment Services Self-Catering Visit Report for Rhydd Barn, April 2022.
In addition we would like to add that our cleanliness score was 100%. From the more detailed pages of the report: “As on my previous visit, it was once again quite clear that extremely well practised and regimented cleaning and housekeeping procedures are in place. Exemplary levels of cleanliness were noted with surfaces dust free and obvious attention to upper and lower levels clearly evident for which Mrs Boaz and Sharon are to be congratulated.”
We are pleased to announce that Rhydd Barn has again been awarded a Four-Star Gold Award by VisitEngland in an assessment carried out on Friday 19 March 2021.
Rosemary Boaz, owner of Rhydd Barn, wishes to express her heartfelt thanks to her wonderful staff: cleaner Sharon and maintenance person/gardener Max. Without their valuable work this award would not have been possible.
It is especially noteworthy that, within the total score awards, the cleanliness of Rhydd Barn scored 100% in all areas—an important factor in this time of Covid. Again, thank you to Sharon for all her hard work.
This is the web address of our listing on the VisitEngland Assessment website: https://www.visitenglandassessmentservices.com/establishments/rhydd-barn/
Here are the highlights from the VisitEngland report:
- A great location for exploring the Malvern Hills and surrounding area.
- The Proprietor is to be congratulated on the continued investment and of standards. This past year as well as ongoing redecoration, investment has included: The provision of various additional furnishings and cleaning materials to help meet with Covid recommendations and helping to ensure guest safety and well-being.
- Excellent to see the general repainting of exterior stonework and paintwork helping to lift overall initial impressions. The rear of the barn to be completed shortly.
- New concrete fencing spurs and lead post toppers adding to the support and longevity of the wood.
- The sewage tank also having been serviced.
- New Director chairs a great added benefit for guests to enjoy this year.
- Again, the re planting of planters and re planting/landscaping of the main drive entrance adding to the first impression and feel of the barn.
- Again, the ongoing replacing and upgrading of kitchen utensils helps to further meet with market expectations.
- Great to see that the web site is being updated on an ongoing basis with new pictures added as and when along with “news”.
- Special mention should also once again be given for the very high standards of cleanliness noted on this visit, and for which Ms Boaz and the team are to be congratulated.